Avant-garde in its field
Polybois specializes in the manufacturing of high-quality custom architectural projects in the commercial and institutional sectors.
As a high-level specialist of architectural millwork, Polybois manufactures custom architectural woodwork in a variety of sectors such as :
- Colleges & Universities ;
- Casinos ;
- Hotels & Convention Centers ;
- Performing Art Centers & Museums ;
- Courthouses & Office Buildings ;
- Hospitals & Health and Social Services Centers ;
- Department Stores ;
Four decades of expertise
Founded in 1971 by Mr. Marcel McCutcheon, the company is now under the direction of his son, Luc, since 2002.
In 1993, after his university studies in industrial engineering in 1993, Mr. Luc McCutcheon first made its classes within the company as a student during the summer periods. Following his graduation, he was named Director of Operations from 1993 to 2002 and was then promoted to General Manager. Finally, he was also appointed chairman in 2014.
Since its early beginnings, Polybois has experienced continual growth thanks to investments in its infrastructure and the acquisition of the latest cutting edge machinery.
An unequaled knowledge
Polybois counts on an experienced workforce with 75 employees and on a plant occupying over 80,000 square feet of space.
The solid relationship of confidence which is shared with the partners on the front line, and the general construction contractors explains the outstanding reputation that Polybois has acquired.
Thanks to the company's highly qualified personnel and its business know-how, Polybois is able to adapt itself in order to respond to the particular characteristics of each of its individual projects.
Polybois is known and recognized for its high standards of quality and its concern for excellence. The company is accredited to the following associations :
- Construction Association of Quebec (ACQ) ;
- Architectural Woodwork Manufacturers Association of Canada (AWMAC) - Quebec Chapter ;
- Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) ;
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) ;
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT).
Work carried out according to the code of practice
Starting from plans and estimates, the multidisciplinary team at Polybois sees to all aspects of a project, from the elaboration of profiles to the finished product as well as the installation of the high-quality architectural woodwork. It is the company's policy to always respect the set deadline. Polybois also provides assistance with the conception of projects.
Always in search of new trends, Polybois consolidates its expertise by being surrounded by a network of suppliers and reliable contract employees. Being that well supported allows Polybois to innovate and carry out material blends - some more conservative, some daring, but all in good taste. By integrating wood with various materials such as glass, metal, granite and glossy surfaces, new and unique products are created.
A well-known name
The quality of its realizations and its highly reputed name have allowed Polybois to surpass by far the Canadian borders and extend its name throughout North America.
The company's reputation, as a major specialist in the top-of-the-range architectural woodwork, is significant in regards to the variety of its projects whose costs range between 500,000 and 10 million dollars.
The team at Polybois is proud to count among its various projects, several prestigious ones, throughout North America. Polybois left its mark of excellence in the following projects :
- the Carnegie Hall (NY) and Omaha Performing Arts Center (MA) ;
- the Casinos of Borgata (NJ), Revel (NJ), Montreal (QC) and Lac-Leamy (QC) ;
- the Ocean House Hotel (RI), Le Crystal (QC) and Château Frontenac (QC) ;
- the Fresbie Memorial Hospital (NH), Brigham & Women's Hospital (MA), Ste-Justine (QC) et Shriners for Children (QC) ;
- the Universities of Harvard (MA), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MA), Quinnipiac (CT) and McGill (QC) ;
- the New Plymouth Trial Court (MA) et Springfield Courthouse (MA);
- the Simons Stores of Anjou (QC), Ste-Foy (QC), West Edmondton (AB) and Vancouver (BC);
- the Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau Airport (QC) et Delta Air Lines Satelite Building (MA).
Focused on sustainability
Always trying to stay ahead of the pack, Polybois has been able to create projects that not only create new trends, but also apply the latest environmental requirements.
Polybois is one of the first millworks that was certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) for its great management of its primary resource: wood.
Also, Polybois specializes in the construction of sustainable projects that respect the latest energy and environment standards of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) system.